The Flaneur


The Flaneur
Danielle Chancey

            I don’t often take photographs in large groups of people or public places. When I find myself in highly populated places that are busy and loud, I tend to shoot photos that wouldn’t attract attention to myself. Snapping quick photos of things that other people aren’t paying attention to and rushing the pictures I take. For this project I decided not to rush my photographs and walk into nature, where I find most of my inspiration. The flanuer is a person “walks freely, who admires, consumes visually, gazes upon and then uses what they have seen as an inspiration.” I am able to walk freely in the woods and I admire nature much more than I admire cities, so nature was the perfect place to shoot my flaneur project.This project tells the story of quiet walks through the woods, filled with reflection, observation of nature, and drawing inspiration from ones surroundings.
 





Comments

Popular Posts